The symposium will cover a broad range of physical phenomena, highlighting such topics as:
- Strong gravity: accretion disks, jets, BH- & NS binaries, gravitational waves (pair creation & diffusion, SED and transport, post-Newtonian & GR solvers, wave front and signal analysis, …).
- Large-scale structure, galaxy formation & evolution (gravitational dynamics and HPC, radiation field and feedback, adaptive grids, hydro- and MHD, stellar population synthesis, .. ).
- Star formation and the interstellar medium (the warm- to cold ISM, chemical networks and reactions rates, disk structure and gas flows, MHD and recombination, circumstellar discs: heating, structure, .. ).
- Stellar evolution, including supernovae and common-envelope binaries (angular momentum transport, 3D modeling of convection, contact binaries and mass transfer, nuclear reactions for supermassive stars, computing SEDs .. ).
- Solar and exo-planet systems (host stars and solar physics, star-exoplanet interaction, planetary atmospheres, planet formation, protoplanetary discs, resonances and migration, structure and stellar SEDs, secular evolution, perturbed Hamiltonian systems, .. ).
- New computational tools and data mining (HPC and computer architecture, scripting and optimization, Bayesian inference and Big Data, non parametric fits of spectra, automated quality control/validation, inversion methods ..).